BIG BUCKS HOUSE RULES:
- Must be 18 or older to play
- Must be a Nova Scotia resident when you purchase your Big Bucks #
- The staff of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colchester cannot play
- To register, you must first complete a registration form. Forms are available at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office at 309-HWY 311, North River.
- Every registration has a unique number. This is your number to play for life
- It is your responsibility to play the correct number that is registered in your name
- Prize money will only be paid to the person whose name corresponds with the registration form of the winning number
- Each week you want to play you must place a toonie in one of the “BIG BUCKS” boxes. This toonie must have a sticker with your number clearly printed on it (stickers provided at outlets)
- Please underline your number on the sticker.
- Players have the option of “pre-paying” their number(s) for 10,26 or 52 weeks by credit card or debit at the Big Brother Big Sister of Colchester office (902-895-4562)
- Your number qualifies to win ONLY if you have “paid and played” or “pre-paid” that week
- If you have not “paid and played” / or your “pre-paid” status has expired and your number is drawn you will not win and the pot will build for the following weeks draw
- A manual draw will be made each week from ALL the numbers registered and in the drum.
- Pots are guaranteed to go on the third week
- Week 1 – Number NOT played Pot rolls over
Week 2 – Number NOT played Pot rolls over
Week 3 – Guaranteed winner – We will keep drawing until a played number is drawn
- Big Bucks boxes will be collected on Monday mornings. Play by Sunday to avoid disappointment.** Note that on Holiday Monday’s boxes may have to be picked up on Sunday’s depending on store hours/scheduling etc
- Always check the “playing for” date on the front of the box
- If the number has been played, the winner will be contacted by phone
- The winning information will be announced on the BBBS Facebook page and the BBBS web page within 3 hours of the draw
- The draw will be announced on Big Dog and Cat Country between 4:30 and 5:30 every Tuesday
- The winning participant’s number and prize amount will be displayed at all BIG BUCKS outlets.
- A picture ID and mailing address are required to collect your winnings.
- You must agree to allow Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colchester to announce your name and use your photo for promotional purposes
- As of May 31/2017 tickets will no longer be sold in GROUP names.
- A second draw will be made for prizes unclaimed after 90 days following the original draw date.
- In the event a deceased person’s number is drawn and qualifies to win (IE pre-paid) the cheque will be made out to their estate.
- If you no longer wish to play please contact Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colchester at 902-895-4562 to de-register your number. Unless you request your number to be removed, it will remain in the drum and could be drawn at any time.
Please note the following:
Please do not use tape
Please place stickers on one side of the toonie only
Please write your number clearly to avoid confusion
Playing 5 numbers? You can put 5 stickers on a $10 bill
If you use 2 loonies (which we discourage) please place your number on both loonies so we can match them up
There is no advantage to playing the same number more than once a week.
Note: As of October 5/16:
Big Bucks registration forms are now in limited supply.
As such, only new players can purchase a number. Limit one number per new player.
Current players can continue to play as many numbers as they have registered.
Tickets can be purchased as “gifts” in another person’s name but each number must be pre-paid for a minimum of 10 weeks. Limit one number per person.